Having grown up in a small town, Kortney has always valued the stories that allow readers to escape into fantastic worlds and visit far away places. She loves reading about the things she loves so stories featuring an awesome sense of humor, art and artists, antiques and old buildings, and strong and quirky families are always welcome. Because of her 15+ years working in the special needs community, Kortney is always looking for stories featuring characters with special needs. #OwnVoices and diverse books are always welcome in her inbox.
- Adventure or Survival stories
- Mysteries –The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin or 39 Clues
- Science Fiction – shenanigans on the space station or a space colony please!
- Contemporary – Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff
- “Geeky” or “artsy” romance
- Magical realism that is just dripping with atmosphere
- Psychological thrillers- The Cellar by Natasha Preston or Survive the Night by Danielle Vega if it was a thriller
- Fantasy of any kind – Atmospheric historical or retellings of unique myths, culture based high fantasy are her favorites
- Science fiction – especially near future, but space opera is also welcome
- Steampunk -Airborn by Kenneth Oppel and The Finishing School series by Gail Calliger
New Adult/Adult: For adult, Kortney is only looking for select sweet romances that are light and so funny she can’t even stand it or romantic suspense with just a little bit of grit and a whole lot of intrigue.
Keep an eye on #mswl for more!